Hello! I am a highly motivated individual who is continuously learning and growing to help others connect. I am interested in problem solving and collaborating with people. I have excellent interpersonal skills and I work well with many teams including developers, UX designers, QA testers, and management. Technology or tools are important to solve problems, so I have worked in a technical role and learned the essential skills on the job and from additional training (i.e, boot camps). I believe that not only working well with people is important to make the product good, but also knowing the technology.
Inae is a hard-working, empathetic, and driven individual. Her interpersonal skills and excellent work ethic helped pave the way to lasting success for our team. In a larger group setting, Inae excelled at coordination between levels, and ensuring each project team had proper representation. She genuinely cares for her peers, and it was a pleasure to have her on my team.
Inae is a creative and energetic person, she brings humanity to the technology sector bringing people together and getting them working more effectively. She is also a skilled professional with CI/CD DevOps technology.
Inae posses an amazing ability to manage the multiple tasks that are given to her. As a build coordinator she needed to interface with many project teams while at the same time support the build infrastructure. She always has a positive outlook which made working with her all the more enjoyable. It has been my pleasure to work with her and would look forward to doing it again in the future.
I am a builder. I am interested in a role/project that allows me to solve problems and collaborate with people.
Technical Systems Analyst at Royal Bank of Canada
October 2013 – May 2016 Royal Bank of Canada
Toronto, ON, Canada
● Successful implementation of automated process from end to end for RBC Mobile banking service using tools like Jenkins and shell scripting.
● Organized cross-team activities and brought awareness through fundraising events that raised $2500 and participated as a rider at Ride to Conquer Cancer
● Created documentations and shared knowledge on mobile build set up, deployment, and binary
January 2016 – Current
The Korean American Family Service Center
Queens, NY, United State
● Develop a flexible Self-Sufficiency program that meets the diverse cultural, linguistic, age and skill needs of clients in building economic security
● Reduced the risk of paper-based documentation by collecting and visualizing over 300 registration client data for self-sufficiency program for funding purposes
● Identified critical issues by analyzing and running an evidence based program and presented within the agency for making decisions on the selection of scholarship recipient